NEW! Vote by mail!
No more waiting in long lines at the polls!
Here are your instructions on how you can now vote early by mail.
This is almost too simple!
Just a couple of things to keep in mind:
You'll need your PA Driver's License or ID card when you apply
If you provide an email address, you'll be able to track your application and ballot.
Deadline to apply is April 21 for the April 28 primary
You can opt at the same time to get your fall ballot in the mail, too
If you wait until election day, you'll need to take your ballot to Milford
Once you've mailed it in, you can't change your mind
Apply Online at VotesPA.com/ApplyMailBallot
Registered voters can apply for a mail-in ballot online with a valid PA driver's license or photo I.D. from the PA Department of Transportation (PennDOT).
Military and overseas voters should visit the information for military and overseas voters web page for information on how they can obtain an absentee ballot.
1. VBM eliminates the percentage of people who intend to, but never get to the polls due to a bad day at work, illness, a death in the family, or other tragic event including drama at home.
2. You don’t have to wait in a long line! Depending on how your precinct is set up, the line may move at a snail’s pace. Unless you live a life of leisure, you may not be able to wait!
3. You won’t be contributing to the line that might turn others away! While you may be willing to wait thours to vote, others are not! Shorter lines increase the percentage of votes.
4. Not only will your VBM ballot be counted, it will be counted at the county courthouse! No worries that local poll workers might make an error or misplace your ballot.
5. Vote in the comfort of your home in your underwear, or in drag, with a glass of wine, and wearing your candidate's t-shirt! Also, if the ballot is long and includes issues like amendments, you might not be aware of these until you see the ballot.
6. VBM allows you to take the time to research and discuss the issues with someone you trust. Hopefully that’s your partner!
7. VBM helps Democrats win! Voter suppression efforts have been designed by Republicans to benefit Republicans. First you should know that getting more voters to vote typically benefits Democratic candidates. Republicans like Moscow Mitch McConnell are well aware that suppressing the vote benefits the GOP. Since the 2019 elections, lots of people have been purged from the voter rolls. VBM GIVES YOU TIME TO CHECK YOUR ENROLLMENT AND RE-ENROLL IF NEEDED.
8. You’ll have fewer phone calls and door knocks. Once your ballot has been returned to the county Elections office, your name and phone number typically disappear from candidates call and walk lists. You might like this, and it also benefits Democratic Campaigns as they’ll have fewer people to follow up with during crunch time.
9. Verify that your local Elections office received the ballot! People feel much more secure about VBM once they know that a few days after the ballot has been sent they will receive email confirmation that their ballot was received.
10. Enrollment doesn’t mean you forfeit voting on election day if you decide to wait. Simply bring your voted ballot to the county elections office in Milford before 8 pm.