NEW! Vote by mail!
No more waiting in long lines at the polls!
Here are your instructions on how you can now vote early by mail.
2022 PRIMARY IS MAY 17
PLAN TO MAIL YOUR BALLOT BY MAY 8
This is almost too simple!
Just a couple of things to keep in mind:
You'll need your PA Driver's License or ID card when you apply
If you provide an email address, you'll be able to track your application and ballot.
Deadline to apply is May 10 for the 2022 primary but don't wait another second. Click the link below NOW!
If you wait until the week before election day, you're best advised to take your ballot to the county offices in Milford
Once you've mailed it in, you can't change your mind
Apply Online at Vote.pa.gov
Need to get or renew your PA driver's license or photo I.D. from the PA Department of Transportation (PennDOT)?
If you are disabled and unable to deliver your ballot, use this form to designate an agent to deliver it for you.
Military and overseas voters should visit the information for military and overseas voters web page for information on how they can obtain an absentee ballot.
1. VBM eliminates the percentage of people who intend to, but never get to the polls due to a bad day at work, illness, a death in the family, or other tragic event including drama at home.
2. You don’t have to wait in a long line in the cold, rain, or snow! Depending on how your precinct is set up, the line may move at a snail’s pace and you may have to wait outdoors. Unless you live a life of leisure, you may not be able to wait! Also, the weather in Northeast PA in November is unpredictable.
3. You won’t be contributing to the line that might turn others away! While you may be willing to wait hours to vote, others are not! Shorter lines increase the percentage of votes.
4. Not only will your VBM ballot be counted, it will be counted at the county courthouse! No worries that local poll workers might make an error or misplace your ballot.
5. Vote in the comfort of your home in your underwear, or in drag, maybe with a glass of wine, and wearing your candidate's t-shirt! Also, if the ballot is long and includes items like amendments to the state constitution or local bond issues, you might not be aware of these until you see the ballot.
6. VBM allows you to take the time to research and discuss the issues with someone you trust. Hopefully that’s your partner!
7. VBM helps Democrats win! Voter suppression efforts have been designed by Republicans to benefit Republicans. First you should know that getting more voters to vote typically benefits Democratic candidates. Republicans like Moscow Mitch McConnell are well aware that suppressing the vote benefits the GOP. Since the 2019 elections, lots of people have been purged from the voter rolls. VBM GIVES YOU TIME TO CHECK YOUR ENROLLMENT AND RE-ENROLL IF NEEDED.
8. You’ll have fewer phone calls and door knocks. Once your ballot has been returned to the county Elections office, your name and phone number typically disappear from candidates call and walk lists. You might like this, and it also benefits Democratic Campaigns as they’ll have fewer people to follow up with during crunch time.
9. Verify that your local Elections office received the ballot! People feel much more secure about VBM once they know that a few days after the ballot has been sent they will receive email confirmation that their ballot was received.
10. Enrollment doesn’t mean you forfeit voting on election day if you decide to wait. Simply bring your voted ballot to the county elections office in Milford before 8 pm.